The Do's & Don'ts of Filing for SSD Benefits
Take Action to Avoid a Denial of a Valid Claim
- Do have a practiced lawyer to represent you beginning with your initial filing. Disability Action Advocates has SSD lawyers in Sacramento that exclusively practice this area of law and are dedicated to helping people with disabilities secure the benefits that they need. And over the past 20 years we have helped thousands of people just like you get approved.
- Don't lose hope! Although a denial can be discouraging, there is still hope in getting your benefits. Because the SSA is so swamped with applications, it helps to have someone on your side with knowledge and experience to fight for you.
- Do be honest about what you put on your application form. Be prepared and have all of the medical documents that you need. This is an area that we can really help you with. We will gather all the medical documents that you need.
- Don't wait more than 60 days to file an appeal. If you do, you risk having your application denied. You want to do this rather than filling a new claim. In this area, we can be of great help to you as we follow up on each step of the process and will represent you at a hearing if needed. You don't want to panic if your claim gets denied. With DAA representing you, your chances are greatly improved in getting approved through an appeal.
- Do be proactive about your claim. That means checking the status of your claim at the right times. With our firm on your side, you don't have to worry about missing a deadline or lacking in information. You can trust that with Disability Action Advocates on your side, you will be on top of the claims process.
About to start the claims process? Enlist the help of DAA!
If you are about to start the claims process, or have already started the process, but have gotten denied, then enlist the help of a Sacramento Social Security disability attorney from our firm. We exclusively practice Social Security Disability benefits, long term disability, Medicare issues and much more. Our goal is to help deserving individuals procure the benefits that they rightfully deserve.
Start the process by contacting us today at (888) 421-8705. We are ready to help!